Are you late because you’re overly optimistic or do you simply not have a respect for time? Either category can be a problem area in you achieving your goals.
When you are consistently late, you are saying to the world that, you have a problem estimating your time and/or you don’t know how to stop what your are doing in order to move on to the next commitment.
No one likes to be kept waiting, no one.
If you are unable to master your time, time will master you. This is a habit that will make or break you, if you are not careful…. So be on time at all costs! Remember, no one likes being kept waiting….so don’t waste time. Make being on time a habit!
Some of the tactics you can use to be on time:
1) Get rid of the snooze button – when your alarm rings at the start of the day….do that, start your day!
2) If you are on time, your are late – commit to being 10 minutes early for everything. Always plan ahead!
3) Keep an activity log for 45 days -log how much time you are using to complete tasks. The goal is to identify areas for time improvement.
4) Get organized, Stay organized. – How many times have you been late because you couldn’t find your wallet or keys?
5) Pick out your clothes the night before….right before you go to bed. One less item to think about in the morning.
6) Check the weather forecast before you go to bed, and traffic conditions before you leave for an appointment (sigalert.com) and take advantage of apps like Twist (twist.com) and Prompt (promptapp.com) to give a status of your arrival time.
7) Think in term of when you have to leave in order to arrive ten minutes before your appointment- this always helps!
There are likely a ton more tips and tricks….these are a few that I know works. 🙂