Planning is one of the most misunderstood terms in life; however, it’s one of the most important steps in accomplishing any goal. Planning as applied in the FixMeFirst.me lexicon are the organized order of actions to accomplish a goal. The steps for planning are the same when applied to a problem. The process captures the key activities in writing on a single sheet of paper and follows the below steps:
1) What is the goal?
2) Why is the goal important?
3) When will the goal be completed?
4) What is needed in order to complete the goal?
5) How is the work toward goal completion going to be accomplished?
6) How and/or who is going to keep accountability?
7) What does “Done!” look like?
Your planning should always BE SMART!
Specific, Measurable, Action, Relevant, Time bound
Specific – Who, What, When, Where, Why, How
Measurable – How will you know when you are done?
Action- What steps are you going take toward achieving the goal
Relevant – How does this goal fit into your life right now?
Time-bound – What is your deadline to achieve your goal?